"Give me a website that is not a website. I don't want what everyone else is doing in architecture, even if that means we forego the usual photos of our work. I want the future of the internet—use your crystal ball. We can't be afraid to fail. Let's be modular so we can simply kill and replace what we find isn't working. We need a place to show, not tell. To play and be open and share, ecourage and participate, not control. "Figure it out."
That was the brief from the managing principal.
To this we added:
• Deliver the future of the internet, but using currently available technology.
• Has to be responsive.
• Wordpress or other CMS based system.
• Must follow web best practices for UI and UX—we can't sacrifice a great, intuitive experience for the sake of bombastic creative expression.
• Even though we were told we didn't necessarily need to show the firm's work, we do.
• We need to capture the magic and dynamic of the creative process and DNA of the firm and its people, not just finished static work.
• Find a way to make sense of all the initiatives of the firm beyond conventional revenue generating architectural practice and tie them back to a common purpose.
• Has to be on time and on budget.
Post launch comment: "This is really exciting. The site looks really amazing. I am very, very, very happy! I think a celebratory drink is in order."
Industrial Brand / HCMA Architecture + Design Website
Web Site > Web Site-External
Industrial Brand and Denim & Steel for HCMA Architecture + Design
Vancouver, British Columia
- 1st Place